DO IT! 9-4 Match the statement with the term most directly associated with it.
Intangible assets Franchise
Research and development costs
1. Rights, privileges, and competitive advantages that result from the ownership of long-lived assets that do not possess physical substance.
2. The allocation of the cost of an intangible asset to expense in a rational and systematic manner.
3. A right to sell certain products or services, or use certain trademarks or trade names within a designated geographic area.
4. Costs incurred by a company that often lead to patents or new products. These costs must be expensed as incurred.
5. The excess of the cost of a company over the fair market value of the net assets acquired.
Click here for the SOLUTION